Recipes that will blow your mind:
Avocado like you've never tried it before!
Avocado is common in savory dishes, but have you ever wondered what it would be like to include it in your favorite dessert? Here are 4 simple recipes with a twist.
Use your extra time at home during these testing times to explore and share new recipes with your friends or family. Get ready to run to the supermarkets after reading these tasty ideas!
If big changes are not your thing, start with a small variation to your favorite guacamole:
Guacamole with mango and cranberries (3 servings)
• 400g Freshzilla® Spicy Guacamole
• 200g Freshmex® Mango Cubes
• 50g dehydrated cranberries
1. Add the ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly
2. Serve with a nacho plate, tostadas, tortilla chips or the snack of your choice and enjoy!
If you are looking for something refreshing, but still nutritious and delicious, the following two options are ideal:
Banana and avocado ice cream (2 servings)
• 1 Banana
• 200g Freshmex® Chunky Pulp
• 150g natural Greek yogurt
• 1dl nut/soy milk
• 10g granola
• 1 tsp vanilla powder
1. Add all the ingredients into a bowl and use a blender to mix until creamy and smooth
2. Pour the mixture into a container that supports low temperatures and place it in the freezer for approximately 3 hours. Stir every 30 minutes. This will help add more air into the ice cream, making it creamier
3. Enjoy with the fruit of your choice!
Avocado cheesecake (8 servings)
• 300g Freshmex® Chunky Pulp
• 1 can (400 ml) of coconut milk
• 180g granola
• 190g cream cheese
• 340g honey
• 30ml Freshmex® Lemon Juice
• 100ml coconut oil
• 100g Freshmex® Frozen Strawberry
• 1 tbsp agave syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla powder
1. Blend the granola to get a fine powder
2. Mix the granola powder with the coconut oil until getting a compact paste. Spread in a cake tin and refrigerate
3. Whisk the coconut milk, agave syrup, and vanilla until it turns into whipped cream. Add the honey, mix and put on the side
4. Beat the avocado pulp and cheese in a blender until smooth. Add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly
5. Mix the preparations from steps 3 and 4 in a blender at medium speed. Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator for approximately 3 hours. Stir thoroughly every 30 minutes. This will help to add more air into the preparation and make it creamier
6. Place the mixture from step 4 on the crust from step 2, shape and decorate the top with the strawberries. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
If you prefer to skip dessert, try this bread with avocado for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Whole wheat avocado and chia seed bread (1 large loaf of bread)
• 450g whole wheat flour
• 180ml water
• 150g Freshmex® Chunky Pulp
• 30ml coconut oil
• 15g chia seeds
• 7g dry yeast / 18g of fresh yeast
• 1tsp salt
1. Place the flour into a bowl, add the yeast, chia seeds and mix
2. Add the avocado, coconut oil, water and salt. Mix until you get a compact dough
3. On a flat and smooth surface, sprinkle a little flour and place the dough
4. Knead for 8 minutes or until a smooth and elastic dough is obtained. Form a ball of the dough
5. Sprinkle flour into the bowl from step 1, place the ball of dough and cover with a cloth or paper napkin. Let the dough rest, in a warm place (21-24°C) for 90 minutes or until doubled in size and fluffy
6. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin. Roll the dough so you get a cylinder. Make sure it is well sealed
7. Grease the baking mold with a little coconut oil, sprinkle a little flour and place the dough in the mold, sealed side down. Squeeze a little so that it takes the shape of the mold. Cover and let stand for 60 minutes
8. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the bread when it is browned on the top
9. Remove the bread from the mold, place on a plate and let it cool. Ready!
You will surely impress your friends and family with these incredible recipes, as the avocado adds both taste, color and creaminess. Perfect for a movie night at home or family dinner.
Alejandra Morales (November 2020)
1. Thermomíxate. (2019). Guacamole con mango y arándanos rojos. Obtained from: https://cookpad.com/mx/recetas/7992670-guacamole-con-mango-y-arandanos-rojos-con-thermomix
2. Borges community. (2020). Helado de plátano y aguacate. Obtained from: https://borges.community/recetas/helado-de-platano-y-aguacate/
3. Recetín. (S.F.). Pastel de aguacate. Obtained from: https://www.recetin.com/pastel-de-aguacate.html#comments
4. El rincón del pan casero (2018). Obtained from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVA8bYc1r6o