Pineapple Smoothie – Recipe and Health Benefits!
Before learning how to prepare this delicious pineapple smoothie, let’s learn a little about the benefits of this tropical fruit:
- Pineapple is a great source of vitamin C and magnesium, which is very important for the production of energy and antioxidants.
- It contains vitamin B1, whose regular consumption prevents an enlarged thyroid gland.
- It is an excellent regulator of blood pressure and is even useful to combat arthritis, constipation (due to its high fiber content) and throat infections.
- It contains an enzyme called bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties and is important for treating a blocked nose, sore throat, and gout.
- In addition, bromelain helps the digestion process, it is good for eliminating fluid retention (it is an excellent diuretic).
Drink this delicious smoothie for breakfast and take advantage of all these incredible benefits.
- 150 g of Pineapple Pulp
- ½ Cucumber
- 1 lemon
In a blender add 150 g of pineapple pulp, the cucumber cut into pieces and a little ginger, add the juice of a lemon to this mixture, blend and add water until the desired consistency is achieved.
If you prefer a shake with a more liquid consistency add more water, if you like it a bit thicker you can add ice.
Cucumber is a food that is composed of 90% water, so it is excellent for eliminating toxins from your body. Combined with the pineapple, it contains a high fiber content, ideal for fighting constipation. The ginger helps fight infections and can help against nausea. The smoothie’s low calorie content makes it an choice if you are trying to lose weight.
Mis Smoothies. 2020. Batido De Piña Natural. [online] Available at: https://www.missmoothies.com/batido-de-pina-natural/ [Accessed 27 September 2020].
Healthline. 2020. 8 Impressive Health Benefits Of Pineapple. [online] Available at: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-pineapple [Accessed 27 September 2020].
Image from: Pinterest.com